ESS Aromatherapy Organic Bergamot Essential Oil 0.33 Fl. Oz.
With a rounded citrus aroma, bergamot helps lift the spirits and is ideal for oily or problem skin. This essential oil does contain bergapten, which is phototoxic. Therefore, it should be used very cautiously and in very low concentrations. It should never be used prior to sun or tanning bed exposure. This oil has been certified as organic by the Soil Association.
Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
Country of Origin: Sicily
Part of Plant Used: Peel
Method of Extraction: Cold expression
Aroma and Appearance: Citrus, sweet, sharp, fruity. Emerald green.
Safety Data: Phototoxic. Can irritate the skin in high concentrations. When using the oil for skin applications, take extreme care or use a bergapten-free oil.
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be used for any medical purposes. Data has been gathered from various sources and every effort has been made to be accurate. However, basic information about essential oils varies from source to source and information found here may differ from original sources.
May be used in a diffuser or vaporizer. If it is used in skin care products or massage oil, it is recommended that you use Bergamot FCF which is free of bergapten, which is very phototoxic.
- Skin Care – acne, boils, cold sores, eczema, insect bites, oily complexion, psoriasis, scabies, spots, varicose ulcers, scars and wounds
- Respiratory System – halitosis, mouth infections, sore throat, tonsillitis.
- Digestive System – flatulence, loss of appetite.
- Genito-Urinary System – cystitis, leukorrhea, pruritus, thrush.
- Immune System – colds, fever, flu, infectious diseases (especially good for chickenpox).
- Nervous System – anxiety, depression, stress-related conditions - refreshing and uplifting.
- Other – good for colic, insect repellant.
Blends well with chamomile, clary sage, coriander, cypress, geranium, jasmine, juniper, lavender, neroli, violet, and any of the citrus oils.
This is a natural Essential Oil produced by cold expression of the fruit.